Diploma in Business (General Management) (Level 7)
Duration: 40 weeks (1 Academic Year)
This programme will:
Provide graduates with general and practical knowledge and skills in business management within a professional context, to effectively manage and lead businesses or divisions of businesses or organisations at operational level and contribute to increasing productivity.
On successful completion of this programme Graduates will be able to:
- Understand, apply and analyse the business communication principles and information technology in a variety of business scenarios.
- Analyse and apply information, knowledge and learning concepts, principles and issues in business management, policy and governance.
- Develop plans and strategies to provide strategic direction to an organisation in an ethical context to enhance competitiveness and sustainability.
- Analyse and evaluate human resource planning, management, strategies for staff recruitment and retention within the legal framework.
- Understand and identify local and global marketing challenges and opportunities in order to develop effective marketing plans.
- Develop an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation by evaluating different approaches, applying concepts and processes and discussing future impacts.
General Entry Requirements:
Candidates must be at least 17 years of age and hold a degree in any field or an NZQF Level 6 diploma in business or a related field, or equivalent.
International students must have an IELTS academic band score of at least 6 with no academic band score lower than 5.5 achieved in one examination within the last two years, or equivalent from the current NZQA Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules.
In addition to entry requirements applicants may be required to undertake a pre-entry test or interview or both by the AWI Academic Board prior to the evaluation of an application.
Special Entry Requirements
Graduates who have successfully completed the NZ Diploma in Business (Level 5) with AWI within the last 12 months may be eligible for entry to this programme subject to additional criteria. English Language entry requirements for Level 7 must be met.
- Modules 1
- Duration 40 Weeks
- Skill level 7
- Credits 120
BUS 601 - Management Communication
BUS 602 - Knowledge and Organisational Learning
BUS 701 - Human Resource Management
BUS 702 - International Marketing
BUS 703 - Strategic Management
BUS 704 - Entrepreneurship and Innovation