Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5)
Duration: 36 Weeks (1 Academic Year)
This programme is:
Provide students with the requisite knowledge and skills for career in information technology such as computer technicians, service and technical support, entry level network engineers and application support. Students will acquire broad vocational knowledge and practical skill, with an understanding of the technical and core concepts in IT. Graduates will have an awareness of the IT environment, appreciate the needs of users, and be able to provide IT technical support.
Successful Graduates will be awarded the New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support.
On successful completion of this programme Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in an IT role.
- Analyse and apply information, knowledge and learning concepts, principles and issues in business management, policy and governance.
- Work within the relevant legislation,policies,ethics and procedures.
- Install,configure,maintain and monitor computer operating system,hardware,applications and network devices.
- Demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Setup computer security measures.
- Demonstrate the IT service delivery process using an established framework.
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
- Establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
The New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology(Level 5) or; a relevant qualification at NZQF Level 3 or above or; successfully completed year 12 with good credits from their home country and have computer experience at an application user level or; equivalent.
English Language Entry Requirements for international students where English is not their first language, students must have IELTS 5.5 with no band less than 5.0; or an equivalent as approved and set out in the NZQA Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules.
Special Entry Requirements:
Candidates who meet English Language entry requirements but do not meet the academic entry requirements and can demonstrate a reasonable chance of success through other educational attainment and/or work/life experience may be eligible for entry at the discretion of the Campus Director or designated nominees.
Students will have up to one year student visa along with work permit of 20 hours weekly.
- Modules 1
- Duration 36 Weeks
- Skill level 5
- Credits 120
IT501 - Communication Skills and Ethical practice in IT Service
IT502 - Hardware and Software Development
IT503 - Principles of Software Development
IT504 - Database System and Interactive Design
IT505 - Computer Network Fundamentals
IT506 - Systems administration